Three Awesome Laptop Docks and Three Reasons To Buy One
There is no doubt that the world is becoming more tech-savvy by the day. If you are anything like us, there was a time that only one person we knew had a desktop. From the early ’90s to nearing the end of that decade, ownership of computers per household went from 15% to 35%. As of 2019, around 80% of households in developed countries have a computer. While we're pretty heavily divided on Macs vs. Microsoft, we can all agree we love our technology (especially our wireless devices).
We rely heavily on our devices, not just for work anymore but for recreation as well. More than just a luxury accessory, laptop docks can offer a more comfortable way for you to use your laptop. We use our devices for anything from work projects to binge-watching our favorite television shows.
The use of a docking station can be transformative in your day-to-day life. When you are looking to purchase a laptop dock, you have plenty of options on the market to choose from. It can be challenging to know which ones stand out above the rest to really help your external monitors to shine.
One of the features that stands out is the ability for it to be multifunctional. Laptops are great because they can be on the go with you. At some point, you are going to want to have a “home” base for your laptop. This is where laptop docking stations can come in handy.
Why Do You Need a Laptop Dock?
Life prior to the ability to telecommute was typically spent at a desk, depending on your profession. Your laptop, or desktop monitor, was securely in the same place day in and out. With the ability to telecommute becoming more of an option, you now have to find a practical place to put your laptop or other devices.
Laptop docks allow you an easy way to connect multiple peripheral accessories and can offer a source of power. Having a laptop dock brings you the functionality that traditional desktops used to offer.
What Makes a Great Laptop Docking Station?
At this point in time, desktop computers are a lot less functional than they used to be. More often than not, we are on handheld devices, tablets, or any other smart object that allows us to complete work or tasks.
Using a laptop or other hardware and hunching over while doing so can cause a lot of strain on your body. When you’re looking for a docking station for your external displays, you need to consider what will allow you ease of use and is something that will not cause a lot of strain on your body.
Skyfloat device mounts allow you to connect to any ceiling, of any room, with magnetic plates. It can hold your tablet, iPad, or smartphone with ease. This creates your very own adjustable workstation.
You don’t have to concern yourself with it taking up a lot of space in your home or office as it has a magnetic arm that floats down from the ceiling. It can be moved out of the way when not in use.
Laptops, iPads, smartphones, and tablets were all created out of the necessity of portability and convenience. It should also be true that where you mount your devices offers the same convenience and compatibility.
You don’t want to worry about your device falling out of some homemade prop, off your lap, or the base becoming unstable. A powerful dock that can adjust to your needs is exactly what this situation calls for.
Eliminate the Need for a Desktop
You can finally have a reason to get rid of your desktop. You know you have been thinking about it since around 2003. As technology continues to evolve, you look at your desktop and wonder why it’s still around.
With a universal docking station for your device, you can have all of the peripheral device connections and create a really functional setup that creates a lot more space for you to actually work in.
Simply place your remote keyboard under your SkyFloat and get to working productively. You won't have to worry about being burdened with all those cables running from your desktop pc from the USB ports to the HDMI ports to the adapters. Not to mention the mouse you have to plug in while you struggle with your audio.
This is especially helpful when you are the host of a big Zoom meeting. Your device's microphones are located perfectly next to you. Simply pop on your headphones and prepare to enter the next gen of the workforce.
Three Reasons To Buy a Device Dock
A docking station for your device takes its convenience to a level you only thought possible when watching The Jetsons. Not only are they practical, but they also make great gifts.
For your parents and any other loved ones, you never have to worry about them straining their neck to peer down at you through video chat again. We especially are partial to the design concept of a floating dock for this reason alone.
In all seriousness, a floating dock allows you to be hands-free and eliminate any additional surface space clutter.
Here are the top three reasons you should have a device dock in your life right now:
- They make wonderful gifts. We procrastinate on buying practical things often. We would rather buy a new pair of shoes than the ergonomically correct seat that we desperately need for our office. This gift is something your friends and family may not already have but definitely need!
- They make sense. If you are going to use a portable device, you will need someplace to secure that device eventually. Why not make it something that can be multifunctional? For instance, it goes from a dock to a hands-free way to stream your favorite shows.
- Comfort. It makes using your devices so much more comfortable. For a very long time, we have spent so many hours hunched over screens. Finding a floating device dock can ease that strain. The floating device can allow you the option of looking at your device at eye level and still be hands-free.
Best Laptop Dock
Accessories for your devices are no longer viewed as just luxury items.
Here are three laptop docks that we love:
- Corsair TBT100 Thunderbolt 3 Dock - This dock can be used with either your personal computer or Mac. It features a notch that helps keep your station securely on your desk. It has plenty of ports for your peripheral accessories and can keep all of your equipment properly charged.
- Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro for Mac and PC - This docking station is loaded with ports, an SD card reader, and space for your Ethernet cable. You’re sure to be pleased with the functionality of this dock.
- Elgato Thunderbolt 3 Dock - Connect your Windows notebook or MacBook pro easily with this dock. You’ll have to access ports, power, and a port for display built-in that offers the equivalent of a 4K resolution.
Technology at Our Fingertips
If you are looking to streamline your space, purchasing a device dock will allow you to do so easily. Having a device dock can help prevent your devices from overheating, make sure they are stable, offer much-needed protection, and a way to connect peripheral accessories you may need.